Biomedical Innovation Hub, Birmingham Research Park
“Transforming biomedical innovation into enterprise”
The Biomedical Innovation Hub is a brand new, fully serviced biomedical laboratory specifically designed to provide entrepreneurs and innovative start-ups with access to affordable laboratory facilities and equipment. For a very attractive and fully inclusive price you can take a desk in a vibrant innovation office and a workstation in the fully serviced laboratory. As part of the package, we will provide you with full support in developing your innovative technology.
Your business will benefit from the ideal location of the Hub which is situated on the Birmingham Research Park, a long-standing and successful joint venture between the University of Birmingham and Birmingham City Council. The Park is located in the heart of the Edgbaston Medical Quarter, a thriving cluster of medical and biomedical activity situated around the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and the University of Birmingham’s College of Medical and Dental Sciences
The Edgbaston Medical Quarter is home to 64% of the city’s healthcare economy including 180 medical organisations, 44 GP clinics and routine care facilities and 80 hospitals and specialist care centres.
Use of laboratory equipment including:
- Free business advice and networking through the
- Access to finance, grants, loans, investors and other business support organisations
- Further access to a wide range of support and advice from professional advisors and trade/cluster associations, e.g. in Intellectual Property, Legal, Finance
- Joint exhibition and presentation area – A place to ‘showcase’ research, products and services, and both informal and formal presentations
- Networking events and free lunchtime seminars
In addition, tenants will be able to obtain access to the wider resources available through the University and UHB’s flagship Queen Elizabeth Hospital, on its doorstep.
For Further information on the Biomedical Innovation Hub please contact:
Robbie Mackenzie – Research Park Manager
E email@example.com T 0121 4714988
The Birmingham Biomedical Innovation Hub is part funded by the European Development Fund